MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Animated MOCAP to Maya

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jjb950
929 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Animated MOCAP to Maya

The situation is that I've created a robot, rigged by using parenting and smooth bind from maya's human IK feature, then sent the file to MB. Then using the motion capture data applied to the rigged robot with a control rig, cleaned up the data and then tried to export to FBX and re-import it into maya. 

This is where the issue pops up that:

Warninng - bindpose -  incomplete bind pose Node Parents (19)

The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.

Robot_torsoFBXASC0321

Robot_torso

MainBody

WaistBraces

Brace_Set

ShoulderBraces

Rivet_Set1

Brace_Set1

Rivet_Set2

Body_rivets

Dial_copperbase

Dial_copperbase1

Dial_copperbase2

Speedometer

Battery

R_Leg

L_Leg

L_arm

R_arm

Rboto.png

What the file imports like.

What the robot looks like within MB.
Rboto.png

I've tried the FBX exporter, but for the life of me can't figure out why it imports incorrectly. Am I missing a step?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jjb950
in reply to: jjb950

Just like to say while it's not a complete fix, did find a way to make it work, if you re-bake the animation from the current skeleton you have now to another preset/tutorial skeleton like mia that comes with the program you can re-import the original mesh with his skeleton skinned and binded and re-bake the animation from the mia skeleton, like a re-transfer of itself in a way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report