Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Memento to Revit software.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
olivierbayle4523
607 Views, 4 Replies

Workflow Memento to Revit software.

Hi,

What is the workflow from Memento to obtain meshes into Revit (not points cloud with RCS/RCP format)?

And thanks for the Memento 1.8 version.

Best regards

Olivier

Olivier Bayle
AEC Technical Sales France
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
murali.p
in reply to: olivierbayle4523

Hi,

There is no provision to load Memento meshes (apart from decimating converting them into Obj) directly in Revit. Sorry about that.

Just curious: What would you like to do with Memento meshes after loading them in Revit? I will forward your request to Revit team as a wish list.

Thank you!

Regards,

Murali

Message 3 of 5
olivierbayle4523
in reply to: murali.p

Hi Murali,

First thanks for your answer.

Why import mesh into Revit (or others CAD in Autodesk Porfolio) ==> it is to obtain a real objet with physical behavior.

For instance, il will give you a lot of reasons into in Revit :

1- when you will try to make a rendering on points cloud ==> the points cloud disappears,

2- you can't have shadow on on points cloud,

3- in perspective view, you can see through  points cloud,

The best thing, it is to implement FBX import into Revit, Inventor (as it was made for InfraWork 360 and 3 dsMax for instance)

Best regards

Olivier

Olivier Bayle
Message 4 of 5

hiya

this is a request for teh Revit team as it is Revit that currently doesnt import meshes. We cant do anything on our side beyond export it in the right formats, which we do. i will forward the request to teh Revit team but strongly recommend posting this on the Revit forum as well.

thanks! 

Message 5 of 5

Hi Tatjana,

Thanks for your answer.

I took the example Revit but it also the same issue for Inventor and maybe others, it more a global request on all CAD product.

Beste regards

Olivier

Olivier Bayle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report