Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install content libraries for Autocad Mech 2010 64-bit on Windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tforal
2709 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to install content libraries for Autocad Mech 2010 64-bit on Windows 7

Having an issue installing the concent libraries for Autocad Mechanical on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine.  During the install it give me this error (Error 1320. The specified path is too long: c:\documents and settings\all users).  If I go into configure the installation to modify the Content libraries under Autocad Mechanical 2010, it gives me this error (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Autodesk\ACADM 2010\ACADM\Gef\Gdb).  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tammy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RogerMollon
in reply to: tforal

Tammy,

Since this Mechanical Desktop (MDT) Forum is not for AutoCAD Mechanical, I suggest that you post in the AutoCAD Mechanical Forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical/bd-p/39

or possibly better the Installation and Licensing Forum where the install experts hang out:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

I hope this helps,

Roger Mollon
Forge - Strategic Tech Consultant - Novi
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 3 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: tforal

Hi, Tammy

The default install location for content libraries on a Vista or Windows 7 OS machine is as follows

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\ACADM 2010\ACADM\Gef\Gdb

Can you try the above path during installation and verify if it works?

Please find attached snapshot.

Thanks

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 4 of 4

This problem is no longer a considered because it has been solved.There is away to fix this problem and the name of that software is Long Path Tool.I highly recommend it to you since I have already used it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report