Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
craigers!!
1492 Views, 4 Replies

Save As

Hi,

I am working at a company that has been using autocad 2002 because one of the engineers is too stubborn to upgrade, I just installed mechanical desktop 2008 on my machine. When I get into 2008 and work on a drawing and save it, it of course saves it as a 2008 format. When I go to "save as" the only option I have to save as a 2002 format is a DXF file, which is no problem. Is there a way to save when I do a quick save; to save it as a 2002 and a 2008 version? Im not real sure if I want to do this but it will clear up any problems when I save a dwg and when other people who are using 2002 want to get into the same file.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ampster402
in reply to: craigers!!

if you go into Options, do you see an "Open and Save" tab or something similar?  If so, does it provide you the option to always save to a certain version?

I'm using Acad 2011 as a reference here, not sure what 2008 has available in Options.

Message 3 of 5
craigers!!
in reply to: ampster402

yea, when I go into options, it has the "open and save" tab but when it is greyed out for some reason, I have even tried to change the profile to the "vanilla" profile and it still wont let me change it.

Message 4 of 5
ampster402
in reply to: craigers!!

MDT is it's own beast.  I don't use it but am aware there's alot of Acad in there....somewhere!

Sorry I can't help you with enabling that option.

Message 5 of 5
craigers!!
in reply to: ampster402

no problem, thanks for looking at it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report