Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen commands

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tmccar
2724 Views, 8 Replies

On-screen commands

When I start typing a command, options appear in the command window where previously they would appear on-screen. How can I get the commands to appear on-screen once again?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RogerMollon
in reply to: tmccar

Set CMDDIA=1 and FILEDIA=1.

Roger Mollon
Forge - Strategic Tech Consultant - Novi
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 3 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: RogerMollon

They are both set to 1 at the moment

Message 4 of 9
ampster402

are you by chance talking of the "feature" where when you start to type a command, the text of what you are typing appears on both the command line and on screen, next to your cursor?

If so, same situation here, I no longer see the text appearing next to my cursor.

Message 5 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: ampster402

Yes- I recall one command, in Plant 3D ("Plantpartconvert") where the options for adding a port would appear stacked beside the cursor, and you could click on the required one. Now they are on the command line.

Message 6 of 9
ampster402

cmddia and filedia, both set to 1 has to do with commands showing a pop-up window to adjust command parameters.  I don't believe either of those variables have anything to do with this text on screen "feature".

I'm at a loss on this also, used to work for me and now it doesn't.  I cannot find anything under options so suspect it's a variable not listed in options.

Message 7 of 9
tmccar

I don't know. It was working fine until one of the IT people said I needed an upgrade of Plant 3D. After this was complete, it disappeared.

Message 8 of 9
ampster402

Does Mech Desktop have a variable named "dynmode"?

That appears to affect this situation in plain Acad, mine was set to -3.  After changing it to 3, commands appeared next to my cursor, however I prefer to disable dyn input so I'll have to play around with the different options to see what works.

Message 9 of 9
tmccar

That's it - you have solved it, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report