Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Desktop 2010 and 2011 (MDT)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Alainmorin
20970 Views, 6 Replies

Mechanical Desktop 2010 and 2011 (MDT)

Where is Mechanical Desktop 2010 MDT in AutoCad Inventor Pro Suite 2010 and 2011? Seem to be discontinued.

If yes!

Where are the tool for 3D Fasteners in AutoCad Mechanical included in AutoCad Inventor Pro Suite 2010 and 2011?

Since 2009, I do not have of these any more!!!

Alain

Edited by: Alainmorin on May 5, 2010 11:53 AM Edited by: Alainmorin on May 5, 2010 11:56 AM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alainmorin

Mechanical Desktop has been discontinued as of Mechanical Desktop 2009.
However, you can download a 2010 install version of MDT 2009 or request
it here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13744274&siteID=123112

You could contact Autodesk directly about the 2011 install version of
MDT2009.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
http://teknigroup.com/CI-Subscribe-Login.asp
Message 3 of 7
sjbosley

Dennis is correct. Mechanical Desktop has been discontinued. The 2009 version was the last and final version. We made the installer available at the link indicated by Dennis. Please note that you must have Inventor installed on the target machine before running the MDT installer. Also note that this will work with all versions of Inventor 2011 except the Inventor Tooling Suite. We are working on a fix to support Inventor Tooling Suite.

Simon Bosley
Business Program Manager
Message 4 of 7
Alainmorin

MDT 2009 is already install, since 2009!!!!

The problem is, I do not have the fonctions that MDT add before, in my AutoCad Inventor Pro Suite 2010 and 2011 that Buscom sold to us! It was suppose to be included in those version.

So where are de 3D Fasteners in AutoCad Mechanical today???? With out using Inventor.
Message 5 of 7
john.laidler

As stated, MDT is no longer shipped with Inventor. You have to download it from www.autodesk.com/mdt.
It will install as long as Inventor 2010 or 2011 is already installed.
John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 6 of 7
JDMather

>So where are de 3D Fasteners in AutoCad Mechanical today????

AutoCAD Mechanical is not Mechanical Desktop (MDT).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 7
Lucris
in reply to: john.laidler

Hello!

Is there any chance to see ”3D Fasteners” from MDT included in an AutoCAD Mechanical version? I work daily with this option and i can not use an AutoCAD Mechanical because i can not use 3D Fasteners (i am not an Autodesk INVENTOR user because i do not need it)

I think i am not the only one who will not buy an AutoCAD Mechanical because of this....

It seems that is necessary for Autodesk to understaind that there are some certain things that it should not give up. One of this is ”3D Fasteners” from MDT.

Can Autodesk help us? If ”YES”, when?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Cristian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report