Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDT 2009 File Migration Utility

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kstate92
1725 Views, 4 Replies

MDT 2009 File Migration Utility

Trying to use the MDT migration utility and it fails everytime right after the continue selection on the Backup dialog:

Untitled.png

Right-clicking on dwgmigr13.exe directly and picking Run as Administrator has the same result.  I just looked at the dwgmigr.txt file in the same folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MDT 2009\Desktop\Migration) and it has this sentence:

"You must first run the Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2008 Basic before running the File mIgration utility."

Is that the problem, or is the utility failure a 64-bit issue?  Also: Running MDT 2009 Basic made no difference either.  My MDT 2009 is at SP3.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RogerMollon
in reply to: kstate92

KState92,

I see it's been 10 days with no reply, so even though I can't be much help I'll sugggest 2 things:

1) You might try starting MDT and then leave it running minimized on the taskbar while you try the file migration utility, I think I recall that working for some people in the past,

2) You should re-post this message over in the Inventor Discussion Group, there are folks over there that can help and I doubt any of them check this discussion group anymore.:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/bd-p/78

I hope this helps,

Roger Mollon
Forge - Strategic Tech Consultant - Novi
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 3 of 5
kstate92
in reply to: RogerMollon

Option 1 made no difference.  Could you please tell me if the utility dwgmigr13.exe will even run in Windows 7 64 bit?

KState92
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 4 of 5
sbenedum
in reply to: kstate92

This thread appears to be dead, but in case anyone runs into this issue a solution that should work is to run the migration utility as an administrator.

Right Click on the utility and select Run as Administrator.

or

Right Click on the utility and select Properties

Then select the Compatibility tab and check "Run this program as an administrator".

Sailin Benedum
Message 5 of 5
kstate92
in reply to: sbenedum

I did try that (as I mentioned in my first post) and it made no difference.  Though I'm glad it worked for you.

@sbenedum wrote:

This thread appears to be dead, but in case anyone runs into this issue a solution that should work is to run the migration utility as an administrator.

Right Click on the utility and select Run as Administrator.

or

Right Click on the utility and select Properties

Then select the Compatibility tab and check "Run this program as an administrator".

KState92
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report