Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDT 2009 and Inventor 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jrhymes
3569 Views, 4 Replies

MDT 2009 and Inventor 2013

Just formatted one of our workstations and was going to put Inventor 2013 on it but will also need to put MDT 2009 on it and was wondering if it will install with this version or will I have to put Iv 2012 also. It only has a 120 gig SSD so space is limited and 2 versions of Inventor may not be possible. Also, do I need to re-download MDT2009 for this version?

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihiengdept
in reply to: jrhymes

Exact same issues here (minus the SSD portion).  Would like MDT 2009 installed with 2013 for opening / converting legacy files.  Will this page be updated for the 2013 release?

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 5
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: jrhymes

Message 4 of 5
ihiengdept
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Thanks Ray.  

The first link elaboarated on some of my own frustrations if MDT2009 isn't available with future releases.

I didn't see any responses from an official autdesk rep. in either place, but from what I read it sounds like they won't provide any type of import functionality in future versions of inventor.  (could someone provide an official verification of this?)  

This is very disappointing.  I only started here in 2010 and inherited a number of legacy files that we regularly need to access (but don't change) to keep things running.  Were a small company where everyone is busy and it's frustrating to think about the time we're going to have to spend ensuring that legacy files are readable in addition to the money already spent on autodesk.  

I understand obsoleting an old software, but not supporting import functionality is crazy to me.  I'm in an industry where a mature product can have a life cycle of decades.  Knowing now, there are things I can do to work around it, but the hole point of digital files is to save time, and this will take up a good chunck.  

@ Autodesk:  We don't wan't to spend time maintaining old files & finished projects just so that we can have access to them in the future. 

Message 5 of 5
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: ihiengdept

I'm in the same boat as is everyone who has MDT data that might need migration and or modification in the future. I would suggest subscribing to the first thread and hope for a response but I suspect that we will have to maintain a copy of both Inventor 2012 and MDT 2009 for this purpose.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report