Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Color Keeps Reverting

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JLNims
1301 Views, 5 Replies

Layer Color Keeps Reverting

Interesting problem: In AutoCAD Mechanical 2014, I created a new layer. I set the color for magenta. Then as I was working, I noticed the drawing (which I did not create) had too much magenta on many layers, so I changed the color of the new layer I just created to color 23 (brownish). However, as I'm working on the drawing, the color will revert to magenta all by itself! This has happened several times; and I can't see what causes it. There's no pattern in my work that seems to trigger the reversion. Smiley Surprised

Anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: JLNims

Is this a layer name totally unique to you, like JLNims1234, or is this a layer name that MECH 2014 can create and use itself through other functions and processes?
Message 3 of 6
JLNims
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the response.  The layer name is unique to the drawing.  The name is actually "Tire_Platform".

Message 4 of 6
JLNims

Bump!  No solution as of yet.

Anyone?

Message 5 of 6
pendean

There is nothing in the OOTB program that change a user created layer's color or any other property.
So either someone is doing that, or you have an add-on or predefined tool doing it for you. Sadly only you can discover that.

A test: put a small X in the layer name, at the front, and see if the problem suddenly stops or something in your program complains (or worse, it creates the original name as a new layer).
Message 6 of 6
JLNims
in reply to: pendean

"A test: put a small X in the layer name, at the front, and see if the problem suddenly stops or something in your program complains"

I did place a small x in the layer name; and the problem seems to have gone away.  Not sure if this is an actual solution, because it was just a non-automated layer in the first place.  But it seems to be working, so I'll take it!  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report