Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the Balloons in MDT 2005

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SharathMullur
137 Views, 2 Replies

Issues with the Balloons in MDT 2005

We are facing some Issues with the Balloons in MDT 2005.

For your reference I am attaching a zip file with 3 AutoCAD files

1. ABSOriginal.dwg : Direct Export (View ) from the MDT6
2. ABS6.dwg : Export (MDT6) from our program after a scale down of the model (programmatic update of parametric model).
3. ABS2005.dwg : Export (MDt2005) from our program after a scale down of the model (programmatic update of parametric model).

All the Balloons are misplaced in 2005 export.

This is a program written by VB6 and scales up/down the parametric model (thru design variables) based on the user given values.

Can you please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharath Mullur
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
moletzke
in reply to: SharathMullur

I believe that starting with MDT 2004, AMBALLOON behavior was changed so that balloons did not move as an assembly was updated, only the leader stretches. I have had similar problems, especially in exploded isometric assemblies, with balloons not moving with the updated parts and creating a real mess in the drawing (See thread titled AMBALLOON Still Broke, about July of this year). I was told that this cannot be fixed in a service pack because its not considered a bug and would be a new feature. The earliest it will be considered to possibly offer the old functionality will be in a future release. Until then, I guess we gotta live with it.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks a lot Mike.

Any tips on how to come over this problem.
I think I am in a big mess now.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharath Mullur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report