Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inconsistant edge face relationship

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
150 Views, 1 Reply

inconsistant edge face relationship

I am trying to do a boolean intersection on some spheres with grooves in them. It is a repeating pattern of grooves, so I am arraying the sphere with the pattern in it around a center.
I keep on getting: error, inconsistent edge face relationship. What does this mean and how can I get around it?

I can't post the part because it is three megs, zipped.

Thanks,

eb
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This usually indicates that 2 faces are coincident and it can't solve the intersection. For example, subtracting a 2.00 Dia cylinder from a 2.00 x 2.00 square block, cylinder centered in the block. Where the the curve and the edge are coincident, you can get this error. Try changing the size of one feature a small amount, or moving one feature a small amount. Many times you can get around this by using a different modeling strategy. Without seeing the model, I can't give you a different strategy. -- Robert Davis QC/CMM Dept. robert@easmfg.com E.A.S. Manufacturing Co., Inc. 804 Via Alondra Camarillo, Ca 93012 805-987-3665 Voice 805-987-7948 Fax eas@easmfg.com - General E-Mail www.easmfg.com - Web Site "ErichBlohm" wrote in message news:690359.1077260047486.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to do a boolean intersection on some spheres with grooves in them. It is a repeating pattern of grooves, so I am arraying the sphere with the pattern in it around a center. > I keep on getting: error, inconsistent edge face relationship. What does this mean and how can I get around it? > > I can't post the part because it is three megs, zipped. > > Thanks, > > eb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report