Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
dr_wogz
219 Views, 1 Reply

IGES translator

Hi all,

i really really need a fix for this.

I got a part, that was modified in Pro E, and converted to IGES. Problem is, reading it into MDT (2005). It crunches the nubers, then spits out "complete / fatal error - contact Autodesk - restart autocad"

There are only a few posts on the subject, and all seem to date back to 2000 / 2003.

I can open the part up in Inventor, but we haven't switched over to Inventor yet. (So, Do I spend half the day trying to sort out MDT? or do I spend half a day to set up Inventor?)

Did I miss an update? And worse still, MDT 2005 dosen't seem to be supported anymore. As far as i know I have all teh updates (and that wasen't an easy task..)

I can create IGES files, and even the IGES file I created of the part cannot be read back into MDT. I even tried to re-save the IGES file in Inv. Again, MDT won't read it.

And, the same goesd with STEP files. I can create a STEP file in Inv, and then try to import it into MDT. again, crunches the numbers, and spits out "fatal error".

So, it looks like my version of MDT can only read MDT files. it can make IGES & Step files, it just can't read them.

Any and all help is appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: dr_wogz

>Any and all help is appreciated!
Zip and attach the orginal IGES file here
or better yet, over here http://discussion.autodesk.com/index.jspa and request someone convert to dwg.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report