Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if activated? (ie not in 30 day free trail mode)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
gregphil
21603 Views, 1 Reply

How to check if activated? (ie not in 30 day free trail mode)

I updated to Product Design Suite 2014 (from 2013) and the install finished.  I think everything is installed and may be activated but I can't find a way to check.  The help screen has a "Product Information" button that shows my serial number,  but it also has an "Activarte..." button that is not greyed out.  I have gotten a few emails from Autodesk that appear to be the result of clicking on the activate button in each separate application of the suite.  Each email provided a different "Activation Code", but I have never (at least not this year) been prompted to supply any of these long activation codes to any screen.  I think I did give the install program my Autodesk PDS serial number and some other 5 digit verification code, but it never asked for one of the long activation codes.

Is this normal?  Is there anything else I need to do to register/activate?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gregphil
in reply to: gregphil

I spent some time with Google and finally found the answer ti my "is it activated?" question:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16883173&linkID=16831209#top

The videos won't play automatically for me, but if I copy the video URLs and then paste them into Windows Media Player they would play and do mention the activation answer .

The answer is:  If you don't see the 30 day trail screen when you start an application then the whole suite is activated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums