Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole note feature in MDT 2006

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jamie-Lyn
1006 Views, 3 Replies

Hole note feature in MDT 2006

What is up with the hole note feature in MDT 2006? The last release i used was 3.0 (R14) and it did a good job. Now I've tried to use it and it's got, for all practical purposes, hieroglyphics. I tied to edit the template and again, more heroglyphics. I can see that it's some sort of conditional testing but not understanding the symbology I'm at a loss to edit it. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanx in advance, Jamie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Jamie-Lyn

Can you share a screenshot?
Message 3 of 4
Jamie-Lyn
in reply to: pendean

Thanx and here ya go:

=<if(equal(Hole:tapped,"0"),"%%c",Hole:nominal " " if(equal(Hole:units,"1"),"x","-") " ")><if(equal(Hole:tapped,"0"),Hole:dia,Hole:pitchdesc)> {\FAMGDT;x} <if(equal(Hole:termination,"0"),Hole:depth,"THRU")>\P{\FAMGDT;v}%%c<Hole:ctdia> {\FAMGDT;x} <Hole:ctdepth>

looks like a nice equation and it works ok but I'd get laughed out of the shop if I dimensioned the way this outputs. How about a simple:

%%c .500 THRU CB %%c .875 x .375 DP (4)

Jamie-Lyn

Message 4 of 4
Jamie-Lyn
in reply to: Jamie-Lyn

And maybe you can even tell me how to control the color of the text in the hole note (I use a pen plotter)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report