Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help opening file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cscougall
300 Views, 5 Replies

Help opening file

I am trying to open a file that was apparently created in AutoCAD (the file extension is .dwg), but I don't know what version. I am using Mechanical Desktop 5, I know, it's out of date. When I try to open the file in MDT5, I get and error that says it is read-only do I want to open it as read-only, I say yes. Then I get and error that says "drawing file is not valid".

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could open it?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Looks like you are trying to open a higher version file. Can you attach the file here? I will try to save the file in lower version that is compatible with MDT 5.

Note: If the file is created in AutoCAD, then I have an option to save it in lower version. If the file is saved in MDT 6 or above, then downward save is not possible.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Software QA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 6
cscougall
in reply to: cscougall

The file is attached. Good luck and thanks.
Message 4 of 6

I don't see the file attached. Can you reattach or send it to sridhar DOT subramani AT autodesk DOT com

Thanks,

Sridhar

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 6
cscougall

I tried to send it to you directly, but when I attach the file to the e-mail I get an error message that says I don't have the permissions to do that. any thoughts? Edited by: cscougall on May 22, 2009 2:51 PM
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

zip the file.

Aug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report