Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
422 Views, 7 Replies

FATAL ERROR

since loading AMD6 keep getting fatal error message when loading 1 or more drawings. especially when exiting from a drawing. Has this something to do with the way amd 6 stores the xref and then unloads when exiting from a drawing.
New system with 540MB ram 40gb hard disk, win 2000. and pentium 4 1600mhz
"FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x407b5c14 Exception at 6540bfa9h"
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
egalicki
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I get that a lot, too. Only with certain drawings though, It also did it in MDT3 and MDT 5 with some of them. Something inside me thinks it has to do with memory and swap file weaknesses in the ADESK area - but I'm not sure. I would like to know. I see some of them do not do this if you do save and then exit separately.

Let me know if you find out what it is.

Ed Galicki
San Diego
Message 3 of 8
Shinobi

Ed & Bob, please read my reply for Top 10 Somthing etc. Read carefully about the main thing. It is related to all drawings that were created in previous releases, as it arise from all my previous experience (since ACAD R13).
Message 4 of 8
paoki

IT IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING IN THE AUTODESK SOFTWARE,
IT IS THE ONLY PROGRAM I RUN THAT CRASHES CONSTANTLY AND CREATES FATAL ERRORS IN MEMORY LOCATIONS...

PAUL
Message 5 of 8
Shinobi

I'd rather said this is an incompatibility between Autodesk software and Win98 memory management system. Win2k has no such problems. (But this is in my opinion, maybe somebody can tell an interesting things about Win2k or something else.)

Shinobi

ukrpak@hotmail.com

Message 6 of 8
ssikora

I beg to differ...I am running MDT 6 on Win2k and still get this error. Usually...if i go back in after it boots me out, and do AMRECOVER on the file, there are errors in it and once they are fixed I no longer get that error.
Message 7 of 8
egalicki

Have you seen anything new since your post about that exception error that stopped in W2K? I still get it and now and even more when I'm not quitting the drawing but in process. Used to be I had to save the drawing file then exit cad - exit with save would cause the exception. Now I get many of these while just working on drawing models. This is a MDT6 re-install. I did a reinstall to correct some things that fouled my installation. This is far worse. Crashes out of cad in front of my client. He's now very nervous.

Thanks

Ed Galicki
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Ed,

What does the AMVER command report for your installation?

--
Mike Dickason
Developer
Manufacturing Solutions Division
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report