Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error while attaching a part.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
194 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Error while attaching a part.

I am trying to attach a part to an assembly and keep getting a "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Accesss Violation Writing 0x0014 Exception at 6450d809h." message. I have done an AMRECOVER on both the part and the assembly. I also have purged both part and assembly. I am running 512K of ram and have my swap file size set at 2 Gig. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ed
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
julieme
in reply to: Anonymous

Been through this many times with my office mate! Believe it or not, I have been able to recover his files, audit and purge them for him so he can continue working. Although I can't offer a solution, is there anyone else who can open your files for you?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Unfortunately, I do not have anyone else able to try and open these files. I have been able to isolate the problem to the part file that I am trying to attach. I ended up just creating a copy of the part in my assembly. I have tried to audit, purge and recover the file in question--with no luck. At least I am moving forward now. Still would like to know what is wrong with the file at least.

Ed
Message 4 of 5
pcunningham1

I'm having this same problem since upgrading to 2004. For me, it only happens when I try to attach files that were originally created in earlier versions of MDT. Saving these files to 2004 format does not help. A co-worker running Win XP gets the same behavior.

Any solution yet?

Paul Cunningham
MDT 2004 SP1
Win 2000 SP2
P4 1.7Ghz 1Gb Ram
NVIDIA Quadro2 Pro
Paul Cunningham
IV2008
Message 5 of 5
pcunningham1

UPDATE: The problem goes away when 'Demand load Xref' is set to 'disabled' (options -> open and save)

-Paul C.
Paul Cunningham
IV2008

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report