Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation of copied objects is random

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ksmith84
1581 Views, 2 Replies

Elevation of copied objects is random

What is happening is when I paste any objects from another drawing into my current one, the elevation data is not kept and the pasted objects come in at totally random values.  The elevation changes every time thereafter whenever I try to modify them (ie: explode, rotate, copy, move...). 

I have always used COPYBASE when going from one drawing to another, everything we draw here is at the zero plane (origin at 0,0,0). Even when using PASTEORIG the objects from a VPOINT 0,0,1 look fine, but the Z coordinates and elevation are entirely random.  Ranging from (example) -.4 to +88.whatever....

What is causing this?

~¤~
^C^CMoonwalk
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ksmith84
in reply to: ksmith84

Found the solution: Run through all UCSICON options to reset it's World setting, then changed it back to "no origin". Verified VPOINT was at 0,0,1. And verified the xyz orientation afterwards were in the correct directions.  They probably got jarred off at some point messing with multiple viewports.

...Ranging from (example) -.4 to +88.whatever....

oh and haha sorry for this line if it was misread, it was intended to be +88 with whatever random decimals.

~¤~
^C^CMoonwalk
Message 3 of 3
ksmith84
in reply to: ksmith84

The lines below, ya can copy into the command line also.
Don't run on a tab that contains multileader blocks. This will distort the leader landing off its position relative to the user block.

(command "MOVE" (ssget "x") "" "0,0,0" "0,0,1e99")
(command "MOVE" (ssget "p") "" "0,0,0" "0,0,-1e99")

~¤~
^C^CMoonwalk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums