Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant errors and failures with old mechanical desktop files. Please Help!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
brwi85
1143 Views, 0 Replies

Constant errors and failures with old mechanical desktop files. Please Help!

With my new job, I inherited a very large collection of old 3d files, all of our old projects.

Ive switched to inventor for all current projects, but once a month or so i get an old part number floating in, and I have to dig into the old .DWG files.

I have Mechanical desktop 2009 alongside my Inventor 2012 install. I usually attempt to import first, sometimes it works, but many times it doesnt.

First error on opening one of these old files:

It says "opening R14 file" Then pops up with this error:

---------------------------
AutoCAD Error Aborting

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x4418 Exception at 49259ffeh

Then it hangs on "Auditing mechanical data" on the MDT side, and Import "initializing" on the inventor side, then I have to force close both programs.

The other common error, seen when you open the file from windows explorer is :

Exception in acme.arx ARX Command
Unhandled Exception FFFFFFFFC0000005 (Access Violation Reading 0x4418) at address 49259FFEh

We have a ton of data in these old files, and I need to be able to access them. 

Ive been able to see enough of the material list to open the individual files, and reverse engineer the product usually, but there has to be a way to get these old files open without errors.

Ill attach the offending file that i ran into today. It is the top level assembly, with other files below it.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report