Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot export parts list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shmoejoe
268 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot export parts list

Many times when I attempt to export a parts list generated from an assembly, I encounter a window message telling me that, "The database cannot be opened." I close that window and another one pops up telling me, " The export cannot be carried out." Why does this occur? Frustrating. Right now I cannot export the parts list to an excel spreadsheet.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: shmoejoe

Hi,

Did you try to export to other formats like CSV or txt? Was this successful?

What version of Mehanical Desktop and Service Pack have you installed?

Can you attach the file here or send it to sridhar DOT subramani AT autodesk DOT com ?

Thanks,

Sridhar

Software QA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 4
shmoejoe

Hello Sridhar,

I was able to save it as a .txt file and .csv file. I just cannot save it as a .xls file. I am using MDT2009, SP2. I experienced this issue with MDT2007. I am not sure if this occurred in MDT2008.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hello,

To fix the issue, please try below steps;

1. Open the drawing file

2. Command AMBOM-->Settings-->In the BOM settings dialog-->Remove any special characters at the end of name under caption column.

e.g. Find attach image, in the image you can see a dot at the end of Part No. and QTY.

3. Click Apply and OK button in the BOM settings dialog and BOM dialog.

4. Double click parts list and click Export and select *.xls and verify the issue,

Thanks,

Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report