Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
CLKallies
666 Views, 9 Replies

blocks -

inserting wblocks - inserts in as a thin line not as it was made

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi

Can you switch on line weight and check the issue?

command lwdisplay>>ON

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 10

saved 2009 DGW's as 2012... in addition to having problems with "blocks"  it appears that when i draw let say a circle outside of the drwaing boarder it has no "y" ... it also appears to be a flat line... also, some areas outside of the boarder i'm unable to draw anything... no lines or object... HELP... confused old man... what happened to Ver 2.5...lol...

i attempted lwdisplay.. no success

Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Can you please attach a sample 2009 file and expected results to see in 2012.  I would appreciate if you could send few steps to reproduce the issue in 2012.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 10

i did attpmt this last time however the file was to big

Message 6 of 10

If the file size is less than 15 mb, you may attach the file at sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom or upload the file at http://www.megaupload.com/   Please send the link at my E-mail if it is confidential.

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 10

file is only 2mb... but error message states it's too large

Message 8 of 10

Please send the file by E-mail

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 9 of 10

i tried to email to addresses sent but our system has blocked... i will have to obtain permission unless you have another email addressSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 10

Hi,

Thank you for attaching the file.

I could reproduce the issue.  This is happening because of UCS orientation.  The UCS is rotated about x axis by 90 degree.  Hence, the blocks are seen as lines.

To fix the issue; command UCS>>View  (enter view option)  Now the ucs will be oriented in the viewing direction.

The out of limits message is because, limits is set to ON.  This means, you cannot draw anything outside of maximum limits you have set in the drawing.  To fix this issue, command limits>>OFF

Hope this helps

In the future, please post similar issues on AutoCAD Mechanical news group.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical/ct-p/2002

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report