Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Mechanical desktop release 4

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jasonlester
4981 Views, 10 Replies

Autodesk Mechanical desktop release 4

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RogerMollon
in reply to: jasonlester

... was released in September 1999 with Windows NT support.  MDT4 SP3 (the final service pack) was released in February 2000 with Windows 2000 support.

Roger Mollon
Forge - Strategic Tech Consultant - Novi
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 3 of 11
RogerMollon
in reply to: RogerMollon

Jason,

I don't know if it's just me, but all your posts are empty, no text at all.  I'm running IE 8 and switching to Compatibility View doesn't help.

Sorry,

Roger Mollon
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 4 of 11
jasonlester

Message 5 of 11
RogerMollon

Jason,

There's a thread about this over in the Feedback and Questions about Discussion groups forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Feedback-Questions-about-the/Blank-Posts-Known-IE9-issue/m-p/2962896/m...

Roger Mollon
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 6 of 11
jasonlester

ok lets see if this works.
Message 7 of 11
jasonlester

Ok since noone has to guess at my question anymore. Our company owns Mechanical Desktop Release 4. I run it on an old Windows 98 machine. While it is running for now you never know when it may not startup. I don't use the program that often. I don't have the need for using it more than a couple times a year. That is why we have never upgraded. However with the Windows 98 machine being somewhat unstable or at least the perseption of that, it would be nice to try to run this program on another machine and not have to upgrade for now. I recently had to get a new laptop through work and was told about running previous version software in Windows 7 My company is small (8 employees) and we cannot really justify upgrading to the newest AutoCAD. So is there any way to do this. I have tried to load the disk but it gives me an error about it not being compatible with 64 bit. My machine is running Windows 7 Pro. 64 bit. Thanks Jason
Message 8 of 11
RogerMollon

Jason,

Sorry this is an area I have no personal experience in.  There is a thread about MDT 2009 and Windows 7 here that might be some help, or maybe the folks there can offer additional ideas:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Compatible-Mechanical-Desktop-2009-for-Inventor...

I hope this helps,

Roger Mollon
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 9 of 11
jasonlester

Ok so here is the deal...Hopefully this will help someone else. I downloaded MS Virtual PC and got that all running and then installed MD 4 under the XP mode Virtual machine. Then it all works. I will try to write it up later a little better so if anyone needs it, it makes more sense... I'm guessing it would work on other versions too. Jason
Message 10 of 11
RogerMollon

Jason,

Wow, it's great that you've been able to extend the life of the 11 year old MDT 4.  I hope you eventually get the chance to experience everything we've done with Inventor in the meantime.  Smiley Happy

Take care,

Roger Mollon
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 11 of 11

Hello Jason. You just need to install Windows NT Operating System before you install Mechanical Desktop ver. 4. You will also need to install Service Pack 3 after you install Mechanical Desktop ver. 4. If you can not find the service pack, I have it for $25. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report