Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurs when trying to create PSD network.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2397 Views, 11 Replies

Error occurs when trying to create PSD network.

Hey all,
I am new with Maya using it for a school project and I am having a lot of trouble while trying to create a PSD network for my character.

I have been able to create psd networks fine in the past, but on my charecter wheneven I try to create a network i receive the following error

// Error: Invalid call to "filetest". Check number and types of arguments expected by the procedure.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

much appreciated

Brett
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

interestingly enough I'm also experiencing the same problem after recently reinstalling. It seems to be a script error. I'll definitely be watching this thread and try to contribute any way I can.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I Have the same problem i know i am doing it right i have everything in the right folder but it jus keeps coming up with the error any help appreciated

Thanks

The error is

// Error: Invalid call to "filetest". Check number and types of arguments expected by the procedure
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

managed to get the network to work if you guys are still stuck with the error then whilst in maya go to Window - Settings/Preferences - Preferences - Edit - Resore - Defalt Settings. This should resotre any prevous settings set in maya which may conflict with the PSD Network.

Good Luck
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I've been getting the same error as the OP, and resetting the defaults in maya did not fix the problem.

In my case, windows had set the Maya folder in /documents (I'm on win7x64)to read only, meaning Maya could not create the .psd file for the psd network option. Changing it back (NOT read-only) fixed this problem entirely for me.

Hope this helps 🙂

*edit*

For some reason, Maya does not automatically open Photoshop anymore. If you open photoshop and manually locate the file (\Documents\maya\projects\\sourceimages) It will work fine.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Me too had faced the same problem in more than one instances when i tried to create psd network. Sometimes repeated try would help do get a positive reaction, and if you are not enough patient, just import the model into another empty scene and create psd network again. Most probably it will do.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hey everyone, I'm running into this problem as well. However, I have tried all of these solutions, and nothing has worked yet. I didn't start noticing this problem until after I downloaded a plug-in called Zebruv. I really hope that the plug-in isn't the problem, because it is making UV unwrapping a lot easier, but there is no point in unwrapping it if I can't create a .psd network. This problem isn't coming up with jus the file I'm working on. If I start up a new project and try to create a psd network it says the same thing. This error also occurs on meshes where I didn't use Zebruv.

I'll go back through where I put the plug-in and see if I messed up. But any kind of advice will be great! Thanks!

I am running Maya 2011 on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

EDIT: Nevermind. It started working again after I restarted the program. If the problem comes up again, I'll probably be back here.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

In my case, windows had set the Maya folder in /documents (I'm on win7x64)to read only, meaning Maya could not create the .psd file for the psd network option. Changing it back (NOT read-only) fixed this problem entirely for me.

I'm digging up an old thread here, but...

I have the same problem. I've tried everyone's ideas, except this one, quoted - how do you change Window's read-only setting?

If that doesn't work then I'm well stumped
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

go UV texture editor/polygon/UV snapshot/
image format JPEG den give OK
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I just got another way to fix it...

I try all the options mentioned by you guys above and the solution for me was just to DELETE the defaul project folder of MAYA from Users > Documents.

This solve completly for me!

Thnks to all!
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I finally got tired of this problem and set down to fix it. (I am using Maya2011 - Student Version, this solution worked for me)

Open "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\scripts\others\photoShopPaintTex.mel" in a text editor.

Scroll down to the function "psdCreateNodeNetwork(int $closeFlag)"

Just above the line "if(`filetest -d $psdFilePath`){" there is a string "$psdFilePath = dirname($psdFilePathName);" This line is prone to breaking. To fix it, typecast the "$psdFilePath" variable to a string.

i.e. replace the existing statement with this (cut copy paste)

string $psdFilePath = dirname($psdFilePathName);

Save the scriptfile, restart Maya and your texture network will work.

After extensive testing, I have never encountered the problem again since I made this change to the script.
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report