Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Gen - Can't select splines/guides

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
t_smith5
784 Views, 3 Replies

X-Gen - Can't select splines/guides

Hi

This hasn't been an issue before, and I've not got the problem with my other hair clumps/splines, but for some reason I can no longer select the splines/guides for one of my hair clumps I've made using XGen. 😕 I have tried loading up the project from my PC to my laptop, but as there were issues, I don't recall ever saving. I've tried selecting/deselecting the camera-based selection mode, but that doesn't make any difference. I can select the splines from the outliner, but I still can't select the vertices. Any ideas what the problem could be or how to fix it...? I'm currently using Maya 2022.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Thanks

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
t_smith5
in reply to: t_smith5

Never mind... This always seems to happen to me as soon as I post about a problem. 🙄😅 Turns out they were locked. Don't recall ever doing that. I did check if they were, but it didn't make any difference. However, once I selected them from the outliner and hit the lock/unlock, that fixed it. Not sure if a mod wants to delete this thread...?

Message 3 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: t_smith5

Please remember to close the post by Accepting Solution .

Message 4 of 4
t_smith5
in reply to: damaggio

Turns out that isn't quite the solution... I'm getting the same problem again, but no matter what I select, even in the Outliner, unlocking them isn't allowing me to select my splines. 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report