Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you make a peg board?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
6027 Views, 2 Replies

How would you make a peg board?

Sorry for the newb question but after pulling my hair out for a few days and searching online I can't figure it out!

How would you suggest is the best way to build a peg board like you'd see in a garage or wood shop? (Also see attached picture) 

Eventually I'd like to get it as a polygon for use in Unity, but any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

pegboard.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
_sebastian_f
in reply to: Anonymous

like you got aöready told in another place: for unity it´s maybe better to find another solution. depends on the scene.

if you really want to model it, tjis would be my way:pegboardExample.jpg

Message 3 of 3
whisper1
in reply to: Anonymous

Another option is simply to make a plane, create a UV for it. Give it a new texture called "peg board", and put a transparency map on it. (same as putting a picture on the material, except you start with the transparency option.

Now, this won't necessarily render the way you want (experiment) since some render engines do not support transparency mapping.

Alternatively, create a block the size of the sheet you want. Create a cylindar the shape of the hole you want. Copy that multiple times and move them to form the pattern you want. Combine them. Use the Boolean editor to cut them out from the main sheet. Make adjustments. When you're done, select the polymesh this makes, and Delete By Type: History. (Also Modify: Center Pivot)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report