Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With a Rental Plan how do you know if there's an update?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bhall27
564 Views, 3 Replies

With a Rental Plan how do you know if there's an update?

are emails sent out? does the software automatically update?

I know for Adobe CC my sub of photoshop just updates automatically?  Would be great to see this feature if possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
delisef
in reply to: bhall27

It doesnt update automatically at this time, you need to install the update from the subscription center.

Frank DeLise
Director of Games Solutions
Follow me on Twitter @frankdelise
Message 3 of 4
bhall27
in reply to: delisef

Great thanks again Frank 🙂 Sorry to be such a bother with all this haha!

One last question, is there somewhere that tells you the version number or service pack of what I have installed vs the latest version on the website?

Message 4 of 4
matthew.carpenter
in reply to: bhall27

Hi,

Some additional comments.

Rental is a brand new process that just launched for the first time for M&E at the end of August.  I don’t think the automatic notifications like you described are implemented just yet.  But there is something planned, however I don’t have an ETA.  That said, Field marketing should notify customers of events like product updates and releases, assuming that you opted into the communication from Autodesk.

The software itself currently does not have the ability to auto detect an update, you would have to obtain General updates from the Product support pages, or Extension releases from the Subscription center.

And this is a good a time as any to mention that we recently release a Service Pack 1 for Maya LT and it is available to all customers on the following page:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22446528&linkID=9242259

We have also released an Extension Release witch can be found on subscription center, and is available to customers on Rental and or who have purchased perpetual licenses with subscription.

>> is there somewhere that tells you the version number or service pack of what I have installed vs the latest version on the website?

Going in the about box of Maya LT the label should display which release(i.e. Service Pack or Extension) followed by a build ID.  The web site and documentation does not mention the build ID’s, but this sounds like a good idea.  I will make sure that this information gets added to the release notes for subsequent release.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report