Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the crashing problem when pressing 3 be fixed in the next patch ??

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Sixpence1
605 Views, 7 Replies

Will the crashing problem when pressing 3 be fixed in the next patch ??

Hi Guys, This problem is the most iritating problem so far in Maya. Accidently pressing 3 is somewhat of a problem as this crashes Maya LT. Also the keys W, E, R are the most used keys and the closest to the 3 key. i hope there are other people like myself that are having the same issue so the problem becomes resolved faster. 

Sorry for the rant, but Geez. 

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello Sixpence1,

Is this happening after doing a simple poly cube creation, or are there specific steps you can give to reproduce the crash? 

can you also run the following commands in the command line or script editor? (without the quotation marks)

"about -c;"

"about -iv;"

What kind of GPU do you have?

Let me know the results of the commands and any steps to reproduce, we'll go from there.

Regards,

Carlos

Message 3 of 8

Hi Carlos, 

maya crashes at any time once I press either 3 on the keypad or 3 on the numpad. 

about-iv; = // Result: Autodesk Maya LT 2015 Extension 2 SP2.1
about-c;  = // Result: 201408221016-928898-1

I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 330M on a acer aspire laptop. 

Is it true that Maya LT doesnt not work alongside nvidia gpu's? 

cheers mate,

Sixpence. 

Message 4 of 8
remimcgill
in reply to: Sixpence1

To answer your question about NVidia GPUs, Maya LT does work well with NVidia, I'm running on one right now 🙂  That's not to say that there could be an issue with the particular hardware configuration you have, this is the first time I have heard of this crashing on subdivided preview mode pressing 3

Message 5 of 8

Almost everyone here has Nvidia GPU's altough higher grade than yours (Quadros).  

We don't officially support your card, so perhaps there is something going on with it.

In the meantime, there is a test you can try that might help you.

1. Go into the preferences (Windows>Settings/Preferences/Preferences)

2. Go to Settings/Modeling

3. Change the Subdivision method to Maya Catmull-Clark

4. Save

There have been reports of some problems with OSD (open subdivision method) of smoothing and some lower end cards.  Maybe by changing your default method you won't crash anymore.

Let us know if that works.

Regards,

Carlos

Message 6 of 8

Hi Carlos, 

This solution works, Thank you very much. 

Sixpence1. 

Message 7 of 8

Excellent, glad that solution worked for you.

Regards,

Carlos

Message 8 of 8

Hi there,

We've checked internally and this issue may be related to the requirements of the Catmull/Clark OpenSubdiv (In viewport hardware subdivision) which requires OpenGL 4.0 or Direct X 11 support on the graphics card.  Carlos checked out your graphics card online and it looks like it only supports Direct X 10.1.

Mind you it still isn't supposed to crash, but we think that it is likely this is what the crash is related to. 

Thanks,

Remi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report