Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the component editor in Maya LT ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vman2012
3675 Views, 4 Replies

Where is the component editor in Maya LT ?

I've been evaluating maya lt for the past few days and today I was following a (regular maya) tutorial that refers to component editor to make some vertex adjustments. However, I don't see it in Maya LT... Also this guy here seems to have the same issue :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-general/component-editor-missing/td-p/5281931

Can someone let me know how to view component editor in LT. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
glen
in reply to: vman2012

+1

vman: any response to this yet?

Component Editor is not listed on the Maya vs. LT comparison chart:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/maya/compare/compare-products

Also can't find the Attribute Spreadsheet in LT.

Message 3 of 5
vman2012
in reply to: glen

Nope :(... 

On the other hand I did some additional research since I posted that and it looks like component editor is implemented with Python (?) , and since MayaLT doesn't support Python , it can't take advantage of it. 

Message 4 of 5
jclark28
in reply to: vman2012

Bump.

I have used the help menu>find menu option and it does not return the component editor in a search. Since using the component editor is a pretty common aspect of weighting rigs, I wonder if there is another tool which Maya lt has provided to suit this same purpose. 

Please advise. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Mark_0009
in reply to: jclark28

Had the same problem. You need to use Paint Skin Weights Tool. In there you need to check the 'select' radio button, then use Paint Selection Tool (above transform tool in main tools to left of screen) to select verts, then back to Paint Skin Weights to adjust using value slider. Allows for same workflow as the component editor and is pretty good after you get used to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report