Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV snapshot saving the wrong UVs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dbanfield
674 Views, 3 Replies

UV snapshot saving the wrong UVs

In the UV texture editor there's the option to save a snapshot of the selected UVs. When I go through the process it saves out a set of UVs that I didn't have selected. The UVs in the editor and the UVs in the saved png aren't the same. It seems to be an old set of UVs I saved out.

I've tried exporting an obj and re exporting a UV snapshot but it still saved the wrong UVs. I'm pretty sure it's something with Maya and not the mesh.

Is there anything I can do about this? It's completely blocking me.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pete.bottomley
in reply to: dbanfield

Are you selecting the Uvs before taking the snapshot? I find I need to select the Uvs in the texture editor that I want a snapshot of before saving the image in order for it to work correctly. (make sure you're in UV mode to select them too!) 🙂

Message 3 of 4
dbanfield
in reply to: pete.bottomley

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave that a try and it still saved out when wrong UVs 😞

On a fresh model the UVs seem to save out ok the first time I save them for that model. But if I change the UVs any after the first time it will save out the previously saved UVs, even though what I have selected is different.
Message 4 of 4
remimcgill
in reply to: dbanfield

Hi there,

Sorry this is still causing you trouble, would you be willing to send us your model?  We can arrange to send it privately if that is what you need.

Thanks,

Remi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums