Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Driven Key on HumanIK control rig?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stratjacked
1275 Views, 3 Replies

Set Driven Key on HumanIK control rig?

I would like to Set Driven Keys on a HumanIk control rig... for example, a driven key that would make the fist clench. Is this possible with HumanIK?

I have tried, but I can't seem to get any driven keys to work with the HumanIK control rig.

If anyone has any insight on extending the HumanIk control rig, I would love to hear how it is done.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BlackGame
in reply to: stratjacked

Hi,
Yes you can , If I remember correctly, You add one more effector to the hand or choose the Wrist Effector
You add a new attribute to this effector (scalar ,Keyable ,Float , 0 to 100 Defaut 0)
Load this new attribute in Set Driven Key
Choose this attribute as Driver
Choose all bones Rotate Z (or Y depends on your preference) as Driven
Voila , Set Key to 0 and set key to 100
Have a good night Smiley Happy
Sorry for my bad english Smiley Very Happy

Make Love !
Message 3 of 4
stratjacked
in reply to: BlackGame

thank you! I went back and tried this again, and it does work. I added an attribute to the wrist effector, and then set a driven key on all of the finger bone controls.

The first time I did it, I think I tried to set driven key on only the finger effectors (not the finger bone controls), and it wasn't working. So maybe that's what I did wrong? 

Message 4 of 4
BlackGame
in reply to: stratjacked

I don't know, it's strange , sometimes set driven key doesn't work normaly, be careful to effectors with Constraints parents/children or something else.

Make Love !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report