Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send to unreal is now saving .mlt files?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LeamDelaney
485 Views, 5 Replies

Send to unreal is now saving .mlt files?

I have been using Maya LT for about a month now, send to unreal is a pretty good feature, but today it just changed its behavior.

First, it vanished from the file menu and I had to reload the plugin, and now when I try and send my selection to unreal, I get a different window to normal, and it just saves a .mlt file?

Also, when I try to set an unreal project, and I click the file I want to choose, MAYA will just remove it from the view...

Has there been an update? this software was pretty solid for the most part, but today it has fallen over on me consistently.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LeamDelaney
in reply to: LeamDelaney

Any idea what is causing this? It is really holding back my modeling team.

All help appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
LeamDelaney

Anyone?

Message 4 of 6
christiej

Hello,

Could you please confirm what version of Maya LT you are running - open Help->About Maya LT. 

It will say something like Version: Maya LT 2015 SP3 or Version: Maya LT 2015 SP3 Extension 2.

Have you tried renaming your preferences to reset them to defaults - see instructions here.

Has something changed recently, did you reinstall or update? 

You mentioned the wrong window is showing up - could you please send a screen shot of the window you are seeing.

When you say this is holding up your team, are there others experiencing this or is it just on your system? 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
LeamDelaney
in reply to: christiej

I didn't change anything - I literally shut down one day, came back the next, and the send to unreal option was gone. I reloaded the plugin, and then send to unreal window just became the standard export window. No idea why.

When I say holding up my team, I mean I am working on a project which is relying on me getting these assets into unreal ready for art work and detailing. There are four people waiting on this stuff to arrive.

However, I have scrapped Maya LT from my workflow now, got a refund, and used the money for a Modo Indie subscription.

Message 6 of 6
paul.kind

Very sad to see you go.  Just to throw it out there, you did not "need" send to unreal.  You could have simply exported as an FBX or OBJ and imported manually.  Its an extra step or so, but it would have gotten your model into game with no problem.  The Send features add a level of convenience but are non-critical tools to exporting for any game engine.  All you really need are the model files and the material files.  

If you end up returning to our products (we sure hope you do) don't be affraid to PM myself (or any other moderator/AD Employee) directly with questions that are this time sensitive.  We certainly are willing to help.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report