Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Select Sets in Maya LT

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
turnerbenny
1495 Views, 3 Replies

Quick Select Sets in Maya LT

I have recently switched from regular Maya to Maya LT 2015, and i have noticed that i cant create a quick select set. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn it on or if it is even supported? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paulkind
in reply to: turnerbenny

Hello,

Ok, so this may not be the most direct solution, but it should be a pretty good workaround for you.

1. First, select your objects you want to include in a set. Then go Create > Sets > Set

2. (optional) Go ahead an open up the outliner and give your set a name that is easier to remember.  In myCase, I choose to name it "testSet".

3. Type "Select testSet;" in the MEL Input and press return.  Check and make sure it selected the items you wanted selected.

4. Open your Script Editor (icon at far right of mel script line)

5. Select the line with "select testSet;" and drag it to your shelf.

Its a little more cumbersome, but it does get the job done.  Hope that helps.

Paul

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 4
turnerbenny
in reply to: paulkind

Worked great! Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 4
paulkind
in reply to: turnerbenny

Glad I could help 😃

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report