Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About MayaLT Extension 1

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Dark_Crusader
1093 Views, 11 Replies

Question About MayaLT Extension 1

Hi every Body

Sorry for the question but i don't understand if the Extension 1 for MayaLT 2015 is a thir part downloadble installation or if is a future upgrade of the system

thank you 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

No worries about the question.  This is the first year we are shipping updates as ‘patches’ (Windows-Only); formerly you would have to remove the previous install and re-install the entire setup, for either service pack or extension.  The process remains unchanged on the Macintosh.

So for this extension you need to have Maya LT 2015 installed first, and then install the extension on top.  Theses setups are cumulative in the sense that if you were to install an Extension 2* it would also contain the contents of Extension 1. 

(* Extension 2 does not exist .. just used for example in case you start to Google for it.)

-matt

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the answer matt

I did it last 2 hour ago to re-download and re-install the MayaLT 2015 pack with SP1 but nothing is change from my last installation (for exempke in node editor when i try to create a new node and add a miltiplier/divide node this simply not exist ad option)

Can you give me a link of a correct installation of MayaLT 2015 with extension 1 package ?

Thank you very much
Really appreciate
---
Francesco Gucciardi
Officina Indie
Officinaindie@Gmail.com
Pagina Facebook

Inviato da iPhone
Message 4 of 12

Be sure that the plugin is loaded. This could be another reason the nodes are not showing up.

Re the link: it's a dynamic link available on sub-center.

The about box should read Maya LT Extension 1 Service Pack 1.1
Message 5 of 12

Ok thank you very much 🙂
I'll try it as soon as possible

If i'll have any problem i'll eri te here again

Last question: what is a kudos ?

Thank again 🙂

---
Francesco Gucciardi
Officina Indie
Officinaindie@Gmail.com
Pagina Facebook

Inviato da iPhone
Message 6 of 12

It's a way of telling the poster that you think their post is useful. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kudos

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 7 of 12

Hi Again

Sorry but i still have the same problem

when i re-download again MayaLT 2015 i don't find a sort of setup for the extension 1 neither the plug-in in the plug-in section of MayaLT

So actually i can't activate yet the Extension 1 form my installation

now i'm downloading again MayaLT, please can you give me a step by step procedure for the activation of extention ?

thank you very much and sorry if i bother you
but it's very important for me have som feature active.

thanks again
Message 8 of 12

Sure no problem.  Let’s start at the beginning since I can’t tell what has been installed.

1. Go into Add/remove programs (or start->run: appwiz.cpl) and remove any instances you see of Maya LT.

2. Backup or delete your Maya Preferences which is in ‘c:\users\<username>\documents\maya’

3. Delete the temporary install files that may be in C:\autodesk

4. Go and download the Trial build from:  http://www.autodesk.com/products/maya-lt/free-trial

(This is the same build that is on sub-center and is actually Maya LT 2015 + Service Pack 1) When installing don’t select trial; instead enter your valid license information.

If you install this and go back to appwiz.cpl you should see two entries:

-Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features > Autodesk Maya LT 2015
-Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features \Installed Updates> Autodesk Maya LT 2015 Service Pack 1

If you have not done so already go into sub-center (subscription.autodesk.com) and download ‘Autodesk_Maya_LT_2015_Extension1_dlm.sfx.exe, and run this application; click next; next; etc

When complete you should now have three entries in add remove:

-Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features > Autodesk Maya LT 2015
-Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features > Autodesk Maya LT 2015 Extension 1
-Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features \Installed Updates> Autodesk Maya LT 2015 Service Pack 1.1

Now if you launch Maya LT it will recreate the preferences you deleted.
-Check the About box. 
It should say Autodesk Maya LT 2015 Extension 1 Service Pack 1.1
-In the file menu there should be a new ‘Game Exporter’ item in green.

If you can see the game exporter in the file menu that means that the Extension build has been installed properly.

If the  about box shows extension but the game exporter did not show up, it means that it is loading the old preferences.  Go into the plug-ins menu and enable the ones that are currently not loaded.

That should be it.

If you continue to have issues I would be more than happy to help investigate.

Message 9 of 12

*for future reference* I had to dig to find the plug-ins location. They are located at Window>Settings/Preferences. 

Message 10 of 12

Hi again

Sorry but in my subscription page i can't find any file to download

Actually i have a monthly subscription...is for that reason i can't get the extension ?

Thanks
Message 11 of 12

Hi Francesco,

Did you mean you cannot find this in your Product Enhancement page? If so, reply back and authorize me to reset your Sub Center password so I can log in and troubleshoot further. Also, just be sure you are looking for Maya LT Ext 1, correct?

Regardless if you have the monthly Subscription, you should still be able to see the any Product Extensions or Enhancements in Subscription Center. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 12 of 12

Hi Again

Finally i found it in my subscription page, i'll download it ad soon ad possible and install it

Thank you all for the help 😄

---
Francesco Gucciardi
Officina Indie
Officinaindie@Gmail.com
Pagina Facebook

Inviato da iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report