Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With Maya LT Model toolkit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Rodesqa
503 Views, 8 Replies

Problems With Maya LT Model toolkit

My Problem is that it wont leave the Cut, Draw Geometry, or Target Weld Modes even after Im done using and pressing "Enter" on my keyboard.... Even starting a new scene it still in these modes....only unless I completely exit and restart the program will it stop

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
santd
in reply to: Rodesqa

Hello,

Thank you for posting to The Area Forums.

The issue that you are experiencing seems quite strange. What version of Maya LT is it that you are using? Is it Maya LT 2015? If you are running Maya LT 2015 and have not updated to the latest Service Pack, I would recommend doing that first. The service pack can be found at the following link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/maya-lt-2015-service-...

The second thing I would recommend is to reset the Maya LT preferences as sometimes preferences become corrupt and cause issues like the one you are experiencing. Follow the steps in the following link to reset the preferences:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-Maya...

I hope that information is helpful.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 9
Rodesqa
in reply to: santd

I actually fixed my own problem....It seems that its just a modeling error if you go too into depth with the modeling it will break, Seems kinda odd for a program mainly focused on modeling, like when I select a Vert to weld it will actually collapse all verts surrounding it as well as any verts from a completely different seperated mesh on a completely different layer....as well as highlighting them...I will try this service pack as I just downloaded it yesterday and started to mess around with it. Ive been an avid user of modeling programs for years now and can find my way around bugs and errors but these are quite annoying. Thanks for the reply. It was helpful, as I will be trying the Service pack and see if that fixes my problems
Message 4 of 9
paulkind

" like when I select a Vert to weld it will actually collapse all verts surrounding it as well as any verts from a completely different seperated mesh on a completely different layer"

-- Set your merge components tollerance to something much lower.

"I will try this service pack as I just downloaded it yesterday and started to mess around with it" 

-- SP's are good to instal.

"Ive been an avid user of modeling programs for years now and can find my way around bugs and errors but these are quite annoying."

-- Maya takes a little getting used to.  Some of the ways it expects things to work can feel wonky comming from other apps.  Its natural to feel a touch frustrated at first.  Dont worry, it will go away once you "understand" maya.  It gets better, I promise you.  Took me a while too.  I came from Lightwave, Max, Blender etc...  Maya was so different at first.  now I cant use anything else.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 5 of 9
rodesqa
in reply to: santd

Okay this is getting really ridiculous, the way you guys are handling your business is just insane. I recently purchased yet again another product "Mudbox 2015" and I keep getting an error that tells me that either my computer time is is of or my connection to the servers was closed out.....then i try to manage my license in my Account (Yet another account) that i created and it wont save the changes to my account so that i can fill that ONE seat that I purchased in order to use this program on my computer........ then when I finally install it for the umteenth million time i get the same error......I know that you guys are trying really hard to stop piracy but this is getting really ridiculous that i cant even call someone to get help I have to wait at least 24hours for help and then noone replies.....

Message 6 of 9
rodesqa
in reply to: rodesqa

error.PNGI keep getting this error over and over.....

Message 7 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: rodesqa

For rental issues, the error noted should be solved by the following:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Meta-licensing.html

David Lau
Message 8 of 9
Rodesqa

Sorry to say, but I already fixed this problem myself as well, and not by following this step, it actually is because of the time zone settings on my computer........
Message 9 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: david.lau

This is a known issue too.  I am glad you solved it.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Connection-Error-This-error-can-be-caused-by-an-inaccurate-tim...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report