Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer transfer problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
TamirDavidoff
446 Views, 9 Replies

New computer transfer problem

Hello everyone,

quite new to maya, wanted to know how can i transfer scenes from my old computer.

tried copying projects on to the new computer and it didnt work.

whats the way to export the files?

thanks alot.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
damaggio
in reply to: TamirDavidoff

Just take your projects or scnes with textures and copy to the new comp.

Message 3 of 10
damaggio
in reply to: damaggio

Ther's no need to export anything....it's all in Maya format.

Message 4 of 10

Thanks alot but I tried to copy the maya file it says this error when i open the files in maya:

Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2015/scripts/others/fromNativePath.mel line 91: CodecRegistryError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaLT2015\bin\python27.zip\encodings\__init__.py line 134: incompatible codecs in module "encodings.utf_32_be" (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaLT2015\bin\python27.zip\encodings\utf_32_be.py).

any idea what to do?

Message 5 of 10
damaggio

You are trying to copy Maya LT program, you should just install it fresh in the new machine....copying won't work.

Message 6 of 10
damaggio

Sorry, it looks like a python script that is missing perhaps, does the scene have any plug ins or scripts you downloaded from web, maybe that's the problem, have you copied the preferences folder to the new machine?

I'm not very good at solving these error messages , maybe someone else might be more knowledgeable.

Message 7 of 10

Well, havent transfered prefrence folder, maybe thats an option. what exactly do i need to do?

either way i havent used any external plugins or textures on these projects.. 

Message 8 of 10

found solution, simply the scenes folders were outside of the windows user folder.

once i transferred them to my documents it worked,

dont know why, but.. im good with it.

now i have some rotation problems its weird how do i reset the rotation?

Message 9 of 10
damaggio

Oh cool, you found the problem...rotation problem on the rotation gizmo tool? in the rotation tool atributes above there's the reset tool option.

Note though Tamir that there's a specific forum for Maya LT if you are using that.

Message 10 of 10
ehturan1968
in reply to: damaggio

I'm experiencing the same problem with you can you explain a little bit more how you solved it . You wrote that you transferred your files to your documents but i didnt get it . can u explain a bit more ?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report