Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danabot
367 Views, 2 Replies

Need some help...

I'm using Maya LT 2015 on a dual monitor setup.  One of the monitors afailed and now after  replacing it, I can no longer get the outliner to come up??? It was active on the failed monitor.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
paulkind
in reply to: danabot

Hrm, thats a tricky one.  You have a few choices on how to fix.

1. You can delete your preferences. Location = <user> -> My Documents -> Maya -> MayaLT2015 (delete folder)

Note: This will effectively give you a clean install.  Your shelves and the like will be returned to factory default.

2. Connect a temporary monitor and move it to the same position in Monitor Setup so you can see the window.  then drag it to the main screen and disconnect/move back to the position you wish.  This is how I usually try to fix it.

3. You can try to use this method.  It's tricky but is even trickier to explain.  Effectively you can use windows to recenter the window for you.  Here is how. http://quantumcms.com/Support/TipsandTricks/MovingOffscreenWindowsBackintoViewonWindows7

Hope this helps you.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 3
danabot
in reply to: danabot

You need to go into the pref scetion on the hard drive and delete the old pref file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report