Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing geometry in orthographic viewports !??!?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3991 Views, 6 Replies

Missing geometry in orthographic viewports !??!?

Just imported an FBX file and while it looked fine in perspective mode the moment I swtiched to ortho things got weird. Picture says it all... Any thoughts what is going on here ? ??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

maya1.png

Message 3 of 7
santd

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Area forums.

The issue you are running into looks like it could be one of two things the first and most likely cause is the placement of the orthographic cameras.

Open the Outliner(Window > Outliner) Highlight your top, front, and side cameras and then press Shift + H to show them in the viewport. You can then see them in the perspective view. Most likely they are intersecting the model select them and pull them back so that they are no longer intersecting the model.

The second thing to look at is the clipping plane for the cameras to make sure those are set correctly. Select a camera and then press Ctrl + A to open the Attribute Editor. In the Attribute Editor there is a far and near clipping plane. Adjust these to see if they help resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: santd

Hi, David. Thanks for the quick response. I went to look at the cameras , unhid them but they are really faar and don't seem to be intersecting the model. To test I added a sphere where the head is (and also tried where the legs are) and the spehere shows up fine. Refer to the pix. One thing to note - this might be related to the other issue I opened - something about missing color space ? That's what I get when I try opening the file. There is nothing special about the file though - just a basic FBX generated by Mixamo's Fuse. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

And this is the warning message I get mayawarning.png

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Wait ! You're right - it was the clipping plane thing. It seems ok now - thanks !  

But how come the sphere renders and those objects do not ? ...

Also - what are your thoughts on that colorspace warning ? 

Message 7 of 7
santd

Excellent, glad to hear the information I sent was helpful. You are correct, it is strange that the sphere was showing and the other object wasnt' it is possible that what we were seeing was the backside of the sphere or something to that regard (it would be something I would need a scene for to test on my end to really understand why that was ocurring.

In regard to the color space warning it seems to me that one of your objects may have been assigned a different color space that is not in the file. Most likely the imported FBX. It shouldn't cause any problems as they are being assigned the default color space. If it is just a mesh that you are using you can probably export as OBJ without materials and then import that OBJ into a new scene file.

Cheers,

David Santos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report