Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya wont load exported shaderfx shaders

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
nomadcrossfire
659 Views, 1 Reply

maya wont load exported shaderfx shaders

ok, like many i hate the default phong, so i created a lmbert in shaderfx and exported it to hlsl, but maya wont import this back in through hypershade or any other way i can think of. can anybody point me in the right direction?

and i kno there are other ways to accomplish phong to lambert, but i need to kno how to get maya to import shaders for more than just this shader, it just happens to be the one that opened my eyes to the problem.

any help would be appreciated

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
remimcgill
in reply to: nomadcrossfire

Hi,

If you want a lambert instead of the phong if you set the specular color to black you should get the same looking material as the lambert.

For saving and loading from ShaderFX  the way that this is supposed to be done is to actually save the shaderfx graph as a shaderfx file and reload it later.  The other way is to put the shaderfx material onto a geometry then export to fbx, then the shaderfx will come back in when you import the FBX.

Currently Maya doesn't have a custom HLSL shader where you can load your own HLSL shader

Does this solve your issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report