Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT License and Usage

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
799 Views, 2 Replies

Maya LT License and Usage

Hi all,
About 1-2 years ago I downloaded the free versions of Autodesk softwares, designed as for professionals, but licensed only for academic purpose.
I used Maya, 3DS max and MudBox for personal usage only, for fun and not to realistic usage.
Now, I'm 16 years old, and I understand better computer technology in general.
My project is to use CryENGINE, a game engine that natively supports Maya 3D and Max. My game will be released as a commercial one, so if I use the student-licensed softwares, I would infringe the EULA, and this is illegal. I've seen that Maya LT can be accessed for only 30$/month. CryENGINE forum's community, recommended me to be well informed about this, because maybe the version may not be complete.
So, I want to ask this to You.
If I pay 30$, will I have access to the "complete" Maya LT? Will I be able to create skeletons and animations, and apply textures to import into CryENGINE?
As said before, I'm a student and I can't pay thousands of dollars. I can pay "barely" 40$/month (10$ for CryENGINE + 30$ for Maya LT), so I would be very very happy if I could enjoy a software that permit me to create skeletons and animations, and apply textures. And, can I also create 3D models into MAYA LT without leaving the software?
Thank you Autodesk for the powerful softwares, and thank you community too, for your answers.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Sabino123, 

You can refer here for the comparison table between Maya and Maya LT. For the monthly pricing, I believe you're talking about our Desktop Subscription. Visit our Online Store to purchase it. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

One more point, for clarity: any creations, objects, animations, etc. done with the EDU license are also prohibited from commercial use.  You'll have to start from scratch with the commercial license.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report