Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT Extension features not present

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
MattEland
1797 Views, 21 Replies

Maya LT Extension features not present

I'm trying to install and configure Maya LT 2015 and have installed Maya LT 2015, extension 1, 1 SP1, and extension 2. However Maya does not display any of the added features such as Game Export or Send to Mudbox.

About Maya LT says I have Maya LT 2015 SP 2.1 installed and I don't see any new and shiny things in Plug In Manager to load / auto-load.

What am I missing?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
paulkind
in reply to: MattEland

If you delete your preferencs you should be good to go.

User > Documents > Maya2015 > Just delete that folder (or renaame it) and you should be all set.  Just restart mayaLT

😃  Happy Hunting.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 22
MattEland
in reply to: paulkind

Thank you for your quick assistance. This definitely cleared my settings (since I had chosen to not display the splash screen) however, the menu items remain unavailable.

Message 4 of 22
paulkind

Any you have set your plug ins to load all correct?

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 5 of 22
MattEland

Pretty close. I've attached a screenshot illustrating my plug-ins and menu options.

Message 6 of 22
paulkind

Here is what you can try..  

Attached is my plug-in list.

At the bottom of the plug in manager, you can try to use the browse button and locate the missing .mll files.  I highlighted the missing ones for you.

Maya LT Application Folder > bin > plug ins

They may have installed but for some reason did not load.

Note : I am using the steam version.  It is possible that some of the plugs will not be available to you.

Message 7 of 22
MattEland

I think we're getting somewhere. Those items are definitely installed onto the directory, but when I attempt to load them I get:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2015/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 782: The plug-in is not compatible with this application. (OneClick) //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2015/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 782: The plug-in is not compatible with this application. (gameFbxExporter) //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2015/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 782: The plug-in is not compatible with this application. (quatNodes) //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2015/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 782: The plug-in is not compatible with this application. (matrixNodes) //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2015/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 782: The plug-in is not compatible with this application. (modelingToolkitExt) //

Very strange.

Message 8 of 22
paulkind

I think you will have to wait till tomorrow unfortunately.  One of the tech pros might be able to tell you how to proceed.  =(

I dont know what else to try and dont want to break anything.

Message 9 of 22

Good morning!

Can go to Help>About Maya LT and take a screenshot of the About window that pop's up?

Send the screenshot to my email, carlos.carpintero@autodesk.com

While Paul was so 'kind' (HA! sorry Paul, had to do it) to ask you to delete your Maya2015 prefs folder, I will ask you to rename your maya folder (C:\Users\[yourusername]\Documents\maya). Also, have you ever had other versions of Maya installed? For example, Maya 2015 student version, or a trial version?

Send the screenshot to my email address, carlos.carpintero@autodesk.com, it will be more convenient to communicate that way.

Regards,

Carlos

Message 10 of 22

Thank you Carlos, I actually had previously tried renaming the maya directory and running the application after the earlier suggestion did not work, but this did not work.

I've not installed Maya on this computer before as it's a new computer I just built. I have installed LT 2014 trial, LT 2015 Trial, and 2015 on my prior machine, but this box I just did 2015 followed by the SPs.

I've attached my about information.

Message 11 of 22

Ok, from your screenshot I can see that you don't actually have Extension 2 installed.  We can see this because at the top where it says version, it should read: Autodesk Maya LT 2015 Extension 2 SP2.1.

Can you try installing the extension again and let us know your results?

here is the link to the subscription center in case you don't have it:

http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/overview?mktvar001=618742&mktvar002=618742&src=OMSE%3Futm_sourc...

Thanks!

cc

Message 12 of 22

Okay. I will try that tonight, however many of the features I'm looking for are Extension 1 items. I imagine that doesn't think it's installed as well.

I can tell you I definitely ran the installers for those items, but I kept the install files (I downloaded via browser) and will re-run tonight in order:

- Ext 1

- Ext 1 SP1

- Ext 2

I'll let you know what I find

Message 13 of 22
MattEland

I attempted to reinstall Extension 1, 1 SP, and 2 and all installers completed with message that Maya is up to date. The problem persists.

Message 14 of 22
MattEland

AutoDesk Application Manager does not present me with any options to update Maya (though it does for Mudbox).

What additional steps should I take? Where should I submit a troubleshooting ticket with the installer(s)?

Message 15 of 22

Extensions for LT through the Application Manager aren't supported yet, only Service Packs.  It is something we are working on right nwo.  You can download Extension 2 through the Subscription Center.

http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/overview?mktvar001=618742&mktvar002=618742&src=OMSE%3Futm_sourc...

-Carlos

Message 16 of 22

Okay. That explains why it doesn't appear in the application manager, but it doesn't yet explain why downloading and running the installers copies over the files but doesn't seem to update the application to the version it's attempting to install.

How do I go about reporting a defect with these installers? Is there any estimate on when this will be resolved? What additional information is required from me to get this resolved?

Message 17 of 22

Hi Matt,

I have attached an image.  If you open the add/remove control panel, you will be able to determine if the Extension is properly installed. You can get to the control panel quickly by running appwiz.cpl from the run panel.

On the top level you should see that both Maya LT 2015 and Maya LT 2015 Extension exist as separate entities.

If you click where I have underlined in red. (View installed updates) You will see what updates you have installed, service pack 1 or 2 for example.

In the about box you should note the word extension and a -1 after the Cut ID:  Both of these signify that Maya LT is running in extension.

--

If you do not see any of this you can manually install the extension by running the msi from the 'Autodesk_Maya_LT_2015_Extension1_SP2_dlm.sfx.exe' setup which has its contents extracted to C:\Autodesk

If that fails we will need to look at the installer logs to determine what may be happening on your system.

Cheers

Message 18 of 22

Running the MSI manually (opposed to the setup utility) failed stating that a later version of Maya was already installed. I uninstalled the extension I already had installed and then re-ran the installer followed by the Extension 2 MSI and this resolved my problem. I wish I had noted which installer version it was that I previously had installed as that probably has a decent amount to do with the problem, but I am now running 15.14.970.0 and all seems to be present that I was looking for.

Message 19 of 22
Kiadaw

Hello, can you only download the extensions & sevice pack if you are a subcribed member? 

I am only a trial user, how can I download the extension then. Obviously, I am using a trial version becuase I need to evaluate whats work & whats not, & decide to subcript to LT or find other alternatives. 

Message 20 of 22
Carlos_Carpintero
in reply to: Kiadaw

Good morning!

As a trial user you only have access to Service Packs.  Extensions are reserved for Subscription customers.

Regards,

Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report