Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Plane doesn't support movie/image sequence?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dongyfeng
8282 Views, 8 Replies

Image Plane doesn't support movie/image sequence?

Trying to import an movie into Maya LT as an image plane but found that Image Number attribute was not shown in the Attribute Editor.  Does Maya LT not support movie/image sequence as image plane?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
santd
in reply to: dongyfeng

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the Area forums.

The following is a list of the supported formats in Maya LT 2015:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/MayaLT/files/GUID-3A6190CA-E296-4A10-9287-5AEE156DBA9D.h...

I'm not seeing movie files listed there. However, it may be possible to use a Movie node:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYALT/2015/ENU/?guid=Shading_Nodes_Movie

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 9
dongyfeng
in reply to: santd

Hi David, the link is irrelevant to my question.  I'm asking if a movie can be imported as an Image Plane.  To create an Image Plane, use viewport menu: View->Image Plane->Import Movie. 

screen.png

Message 4 of 9
santd
in reply to: dongyfeng

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying that. I have taken a look and I am also running to issues. It seems that I am able to select a file, but the attributes do not allow me to specify the range to play the movie so it doesn't acutally play during playback of the timeline.

I found in our internal database that a change request is logged with our development team in regards to this issue. They will be working on a resolution to the issue.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 5 of 9
arikelvara

I have the same problem with Maya 2015 Educational version. I tried the .mb file on another computer, same problem.
Message 6 of 9

Hello arikelvara,

I found no issues with image sequences or image plances in Maya 2016.  Perhaps you can ask your question in the Maya forums (this forum is geared towards Maya LT users), maybe someone there knows of an exisiting issue with Maya 2015.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya/ct-p/area-c2

Or, if you can, upgrade your Student version to 2016, hopefully that fixes your problem.

Regards,

Carlos

Message 7 of 9

I'm having the same problem in 2015.  Trying to import a movie (quicktime, h.264) plane. 

Getting this error:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/others/importMovieImagePlane.mel line 67: Image plane is in movie mode. 'transition3.mov' is not a supported movie file type and/or codec on this platform. //

I reinstalled quicktime with no luck 😕

Message 8 of 9
jgmcmill

I am having the same problem. It has not been fixed. 

Message 9 of 9
arikelvara
in reply to: jgmcmill

I think you have to download QuickTime. Try that and see if it works. It's been over a year since I used Maya though 😁

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report