Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys feel about 65,000 poly limit ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vman2012
435 Views, 4 Replies

How do you guys feel about 65,000 poly limit ?

Just wanted to hear from some of you that have been using LT for a while... Do you ever have issues with this limit ? To me it seems like it should be enough - even my more detailed models have "only" 20,000 polys but just wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with it. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lectriece
in reply to: vman2012

I have issues with it when I encounter errors in zbrush that would be easier to fix by exporting to maya and reimporting to zbrush. Otherwise it's really not an issue.

Message 3 of 5
howardlee306

I have not had any issues. I'm using it for game assets for UDK and mostly stay under 20,000. I could see maybe running into small issues if you where exporting a whole populated city scene for a game of video or something.

Message 4 of 5
Rivojen

The only issue that we have at the office is when Turtle refuses to bake out textures correctly(which is 95% of the time. FIX TURTLE FFS!) and we have to send the files over to xNormal, which becomes a problem when our high rez models are WAY past the 65k mark.

It isn't really a problem for the low rez stuff as game engines don't really like each model being heigher then that limit.

Message 5 of 5
remimcgill
in reply to: Rivojen

Hi, could you elaborate on the kind of Turtle problems you have?

Also if there is a specific feature you want to improve you could post it in the Ideas for Maya LT forum, ideas posted here and voting have an impact on what we concentrate on for development.

Ideas for Maya LT

Thanks,

Remi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report