Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character Animation in Maya LT: Relative transformations?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nora.klonk
734 Views, 3 Replies

Character Animation in Maya LT: Relative transformations?

Greetings!

I'm new to Maya LT, but it seems to be a great tool so far.

However, while working on a keyframe animation I just couldn't figure out the following:

I have a Character with humanIK. I'm using the conrtol rig and auto key to set up an idle animation. The animation is about 40 frames long and I set the keyframes to be every 10 frames on the whole rig for testing.

Now, if I realize that I need to rotate the hips on the whole animation, so that they face more to the right for instance, how could I do that whithout adjusting every single key?

In 3DS Max's CAT System you could achieve this by simply turning off auto key and rotating the bone. The set keys would adjust their rotation value in relation to it. Is there a way to achieve the same in Maya LT?

Thanks in advance,

Nora

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BlackGame
in reply to: nora.klonk

Hello,

I don't know if i understand your probleme , because i don't know 3ds Max Cat (I am downloading trial).

But , you can turn off Auto key .. And look at Windows/preferences > Settings > Animation  and at Blending Animation

Maybe you talk about Animation layer ? 

Have a good day 

Make Love !
Message 3 of 4
nora.klonk
in reply to: BlackGame

Hello and thank you for your answer! Sorry for my late reply.. Unfortunately I couldn't solve my problem yet. It's more about, what do I do when I have existing keyframes and want to do a transform/rotation that affects all the keyframes. I know you can do this by using the graph editor in some way. But I was wondering if there is a nicer more efficient way to do this.
Message 4 of 4
remimcgill
in reply to: nora.klonk

Hi,

Right now the only way to do this is to edit in the graph editor.  In Maya you would use animation layers, but the animation layers feature is not in Maya LT.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report