Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baking multiple textures into 1 single texture sheet

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
5174 Views, 2 Replies

Baking multiple textures into 1 single texture sheet

Hi,

So I have modeler and textured a character with separate body parts, namely the head and body, they are separate objects and have their own uvs and textures, now I want to merge them into 1 object and also somehow have them use 1 single piece of texture sheet, I have been trying out menthods and only managed to get half the results i need

Here's what I did so far:
I created new uv groups for each object, copied their existing Uvs to the new group.
I then selected the head and body meshes and in uv editor I chose the new uv groups.
Now the head and body u a are overlapping, so I arranged them in a way that they don't overlap.
Next I head to texture baking to bake the textures
The result is I manage to get the texture to bake at the desired uv location, but with shadows.

I am really unfamiliar with the baking settings in maya lt as I was previously working on 3ds max, so my question is how exactly do I approach this issue in maya lt?

Thanks for reading!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
remimcgill
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

My guess that the problem is that you have full lighting on for your baking settings when you only want "albedo" to be baked which is just the color with no lighting info (full brightness of original texture).  What you need to do to set this up is go into the texture baking settings and into outputs/shader outputs and turn on only "albedo"  I've attached an image showing this.

Let me know if this works for you,

Thanks,

Remi

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: remimcgill

hi there Remi,

thanks for your response.

True enough, checking the albedo box did the trick 🙂

thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report