Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mgsmigel
1250 Views, 4 Replies

XGen

I'm having issues with xgen, Specifically with all the files. I cannot seem to create a map for anything, in the right folder, is there anything Yall know that could help? I'm sorry I know is is pretty basic, thanks for your help!

Ok so I recently started a character and Now I'm working on giving him hair, a beard, mustache and eyebrows all from xgen(at least thats the plan). I finally got the mustache how I would like it but when I started on the eyebrows using groom able splines and I got the splines how I would like them but when I hit preview i got multiple error messages telling me that Maya couldn't reference the Ptex maps, I had a similar problem with the mustache in making a couple of maps but i manage to work around them (I'm saying that so yall know it wasn't just the eyebrows). so after it couldn't reference the files I went over to my finder in the xgen folder of my project to look so see if anything was there, but it wasn't:/ so i don't know if the created files would be somewhere else or if im supposed to make them somehow?

(For my attempt at making masks  I created a mask suing the arrow next to the equation button, then painted it and hit the save button, but when I hit save I got an error I discovered that if I went into my directory I could choose somewhere for it to go and I could save the map, but them when I would but preview i would get another error message)

my second isssue was when i tried to start the beard I selected my seperated bear geometry and created a new discription but when I went to add splines it told be there was "no bound geometry" this happened multiple times.

I hope that all made sense and i hope yall can help:) again I appologize im very new to maya and even newer to xgen.

here are some screenshts that might be able to help

here are the error for the eyebrows:

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.12.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.12.44 PM.png

here is for the beard:Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.16.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.17.01 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anifex09
in reply to: Mgsmigel

have you tried deleting the UVs - creating new uvs (planer for example) - then apply xgen
Message 3 of 5
Mgsmigel
in reply to: Anifex09

No, I haven't, but I do have proper Uv's I had to create them for the separate geometry. When I was learning about XGen I learned that all the maps are transferred from UV maps to ptex maps. I could be totally wrong but I beleive that its more of a problem with the saving process or directory

Message 4 of 5
Mgsmigel
in reply to: Anifex09

No, I haven't But I did create a new planar map for my eyebrow geometry and it still wont preveiw

Message 5 of 5
Mgsmigel
in reply to: Mgsmigel

sorry, I didn't mean I post twice. But I did Fix the issue with the beard geometry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report