Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen : mayapy: command not found

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
4zeer
1702 Views, 22 Replies

Xgen : mayapy: command not found

Hi here ! 

When I try to export an selection in archive with xgen, there only generate a .log file with

"/bin/sh: mayapy: command not found" inside. There's no .xarc or .txt. 

I tryed to find an fix, reinstall, but nothing work... 😞 How can I fix that ? 

Thank in advance,

Cheer

I'm on Education Maya 2015 SP2 ; OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 Mo

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
liudgervr
in reply to: 4zeer

I got the same problem. It looks like the plugin is trying to read from the wrong directory.
Message 3 of 23
aenrii

Same issue both in Maya 2014 Ext and Maya 2015 Ext + SP5.

Both in OS X Mavericks and Yosemite.

Anybody sitting on a solution?

Message 4 of 23
pshwayka
in reply to: aenrii

I believe this should be officially classified as a "known issue."  Thanks for mentioning that you tried it on Mavericks.  (I'm having the same problem on Yosemite, but Yosemite is not officially supported yet.)  I noticed in a posting on Google+ that someone had submitted a ticket.

Autodesk: Can you confirm?

Message 5 of 23
sunithaya

Hi guys, does anybody know under which configuration it works? OS, Maya version etc?

Message 6 of 23
pshwayka
in reply to: sunithaya

I have had success with exporting Xgen archives in Maya 2015 Extension 1 SP5 running under Windows 8.1

Message 7 of 23
sunithaya
in reply to: pshwayka

THanks for your answer, only problem is all our labs at the college are Mac based. Hopefully Autodesk listens to our cries! 🙂

Message 8 of 23
pshwayka
in reply to: sunithaya

I just sent Customer Support an email asking them to read through this thread and let me know if this is a known issue.  I'll keep you posted...

Edit: The email bounced because it didn't have a support case number, so I submitted a support case.

Message 9 of 23
pshwayka

4zeer,

The product support team tried this with Maya 2015 SP5, and wasn't able to reproduce the problem on a Mac running Mavericks.  I was able to do a fresh install on an older Mac I have that I never upgraded to Yosemite, and indeed it worked just fine. Hopefully they'll get it working on Yosemite by the time the 2016 version is available.

Message 10 of 23
Blmrs

Still no fix?

Exact same issue on my end and it seems kind of ridiculous, no?

Message 11 of 23
pshwayka
in reply to: Blmrs

I would imagine that the developers are directing their efforts toward the 2016 release right now. (Probably due out in a couple of months.)  Since this issue only affects one platform, and Yosemite is not listed as a compatible platform in the Maya system requirements, my guess is that this is not a priority at the moment. (And I would have to agree with their thinking if that is what they are thinking...)

Message 12 of 23
aenrii

That's probably it... And I'm currently exporting on a virtual machine, then moving back over to OSX. But it sure is annoying. 🙂

Hopefully, in the future, things like these will be resolved with service packs, as they should.

Ps. I still have issues with Mavericks, even clean installs, so yeah, there's that too...

Message 13 of 23
pshwayka

I would not want to be a developer right now.  I heard recently that even Microsoft may be going to yearly Windows updates once Windows 10 is released.  Job security, I guess.

What I have learned is that when new OS versions are released and Autodesk recommends that we not upgrade yet, I should probably listen...

Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 23
aenrii

Again, this would be the purpose of service packs, or a subscription model continually updating compatability first and foremost together with bug fixes, and THEN tacking on more features.

Feels a bit like that's been the problem for a long time—adding features instead of fixing lingering issues that are so annoying it almost breaks the usage completely. That's a different discussion though... And I think all intentions are good from a developer point of view...

Message 15 of 23
pshwayka

If it's any consolation, Service Pack 4 for Maya 2014 came out in February of 2014...just a couple of months before 2015 came out. Keep your fingers crossed...

I hear you, though.  I would be fine with them going to 2-year upgrades.  Unfortunately, the shareholders of publicly owned companies don't think that way.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 23
Blmrs

Running Maya 2015 on Yosemite and Mavericks. Xgen archives works on the later but neither allow for ptex map painting to work properly. Doesn't create the folder structure needed. I get the "focus" on upgrades and the next big thing. But I pay for a full featured software and "it just doesn't work right now" doesn't cut it. 

After this project I'm ditching Maya for a more stable software solution. Too many bugs that should have been ironed out by now. Too frustrated searcing for solutions to things that shouldn't be problems only to find a unanimous shoulder shrug accros the internet to suck it up.

Message 17 of 23
aenrii
in reply to: Blmrs

I hear ya brother. A lot of issues are pretty **** critical to be honest. On Mavericks I can't even use Mental Ray as I can't hit Esc to cancel a render, and the IPR integration is still crap, after many many years.

Modo looks more and more appetizing every release...

Message 18 of 23
pshwayka

Be careful...The Foundry is up for sale.  You might end up right back where you started.  Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 23
aenrii

Yeah, it's a scary one. Maybe they'll acquire them, and then they can kill Maya, just like Softimage. Haha... Monopoly anyone?

Message 20 of 23
phreakii

I have the exact same problem. Also Yosemite.

Maya 2015 SP5, Mayapy not working. Jeez.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report