Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xGen archives wont stick to animated geometry in batch render

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
swislion
4646 Views, 8 Replies

xGen archives wont stick to animated geometry in batch render

When i render still frame it is all good, but in batch render first two, three frames it sticks,then NOT to animated geometry. I exported patches for batch render with animated range.

please help.:(

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
swislion
in reply to: swislion

it appears that instances stopped following mesh no matter what the scene is, it only works as it should 3 frames and then stays frozen, independently, from based animated mesh...please, anyone, maya 2016

Message 3 of 9
ianminshull

Ive run into the same problem.  Xgen will render 3 frames with my fur sticking to the model then freeze in place.

Message 4 of 9
swislion
in reply to: ianminshull

I couldnt find the soultiont. Its really unnerving. Is it possible that no one knows why is this happening or had this problem? Please, anyone?

Message 5 of 9
pshwayka

This drove me nuts for about an hour, but I think I've got the solution:

Go into your Maya preferences and change your Animation Evaluation Mode to DG, then redo your batch render. If it works, please send me money. Smiley Wink

DG.png

Message 6 of 9
ianminshull
in reply to: pshwayka

Checks in the mail!  It worked!

Message 7 of 9
pshwayka
in reply to: ianminshull

Glad it's working for you! Keep in mind, however, that this is a workaround. If you have a heavy scene going, DG mode does not provide the best performance. According to this video, all of the default plugins should work in parallel mode. I'm trying to figure out if there are some tweaks that can be done to make it work.

Message 8 of 9
ianminshull

The character is not apart of a large scene, but I'm only rendering at this point.  Thanks again and I owe you a drink someday.

Message 9 of 9
chorong.huan

lol it really works. you save my day XD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report