Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViewCube and Origin Axis Won't Show in Perspective View! - Maya 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jav91240
4438 Views, 8 Replies

ViewCube and Origin Axis Won't Show in Perspective View! - Maya 2013

My viewcube and origin axis won't show only in my perspective view. I have already done:

Window> Settings/Preferences > Preferences> and checked Show ViewCube

Display> Heads Up Display> and checked ViewCube and Origin Axis 

Still no axis and ViewCube! Using Maya 2013.

Please help!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
GCriss
in reply to: jav91240

I am having a similar problem, but it is just the view cube and I am working in Maya 2015. I downed the service pack and it still did not help. I just can not get my view cube to show even though the pref. and UI says it is showing.

Message 3 of 9
tdHendrix
in reply to: GCriss

Not sure about the axis, but in the viewport menu go to Renderer and switch it from Viewport 2.0 to Legacy Default Viewport to see your view cube.

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter
Message 4 of 9
JohnLancaster
in reply to: tdHendrix

^

Message 5 of 9
jav91240
in reply to: tdHendrix

i did just that, but still nothing!! could this be a bug? I'm working with a mac.

Message 6 of 9
tdHendrix

It could be. If that doesn't work then the only thing I can think of is to delete your Maya preferences. On the Mac I think it's in this directory but don't remember off the top of my head: /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya

Try to delete the prefs folder and the next time you start Maya it will reload fresh preferences.

If that doesn't do anything then make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

Other than that I'm not sure why they're not showing up.

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter
Message 7 of 9
robert_ols1

Maya 2015 has many bugs with Viewport Render 2.0. For me it worked to change the viewport render to Legacy Default Viewport. Just go the tab "Renderer" in the viewport and change it!

Hope that helps!

-Robert

Message 8 of 9
pshwayka

In the "Show" menu right above the viewport, make sure HUD is checked.

Message 9 of 9
amanjit.gill
in reply to: pshwayka

Thanks.. I wanted to remove the Poly Count from my viewport, then somehow I missed my View axis in Maya LT 2016... thanks for pointing this out...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report