Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Maya 2014 Student(win7)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
qoo2345
565 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to activate Maya 2014 Student(win7)

I recently just downloaded Maya 2014 student as i am having problems opening STEP/IGES files using my Maya 2013 Student. So i went to the website obtained my serial and product code, when installing Maya 2014 student, it prompted me the serial and product code, so i keyed it in, it worked. 

However after the installation, when i open maya 2014, it prompt me to "try" or "activate", i thought i had already activated it earlier on. When i clicked activate and typed in the serial given to me from the web, it said error 2. 

I was wondering what could be done? As i still have my Maya 2013 in my computer, do i need to uninstall it? 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jessica.t
in reply to: qoo2345

Hi Jing!

Sorry to see you're experiencing activation troubles! Will you please check out this thread in order to troubleshoot? If the issue persists please respond to this post with further details.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 6
qoo2345

Hello Ms Jessica,

As im from asia, is there any other way i could resolve the issue as it would be not that feasible for me to make an international call. And the second method that was in the thread was for MAC, am i able to follow the same steps or? Anyway i did a reinstallation and uninstalled my maya 2013, yet the sam e problem persist.

Regards,

JingXuan

Message 4 of 6
jessica.t

Hi Jing,

Apologies for the phone number, instead you can contact our Licensing Assistance team with your serial number, request code, and email address I can generate the activation code for you.

Other than the phone number, were you able to complete the troubleshooting steps?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 6
qoo2345
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello Ms Jessica,

Ok i will try. Anyway which troubleshooting methods are you saying? Cause i did not try the one the phone as i cannot not call overseas, and i did try the one that says to manually type in the serial. I did not try the last method as it was for mac, however am i suppose to try that as well? 

Edit: i have already sent the information through your licensing link. 

Thanks,

JingXuan

Message 6 of 6
jessica.t

Sounds great, Jing! If you have any other questions please let us know! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report