Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help converting xfrog to 3ds max

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Loofer
1274 Views, 8 Replies

Need help converting xfrog to 3ds max

I have some xfrog plants that I want to convert to 3ds max but when I export as dwg or dxf they come out as one object with the same poly id's so I need to separate the branches and leaves by hand for texturing. If I send straight to max or export as fbx it only exports the branches and not the leaves.

Is there a way to separate them in Maya to allow me to export separately?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
damaggio
in reply to: Loofer

You can separate them by selecting the materials and separating if still has the materials , you can also select all the leaves in the uv editor and separate , same for the branches.

Message 3 of 9
Loofer
in reply to: damaggio

Thanks damaggio, the materials appear to be intact in Maya as the attribute manager lists leaves and bark. Unfortunately I work in Max and this is literally the first time I've opened Maya, is the process you suggessted easily explainable? would you mind/be able to walk me through it? when I've opened the UV editor so far it only shows a single selected polygon and I can't see a way forward on my own.

Message 4 of 9
damaggio

Okay loofer, give me a moment, I just got home....

Message 5 of 9
Loofer

No problem

Message 6 of 9
damaggio

Here, look at the jpgs ..see if you can follow....

Message 7 of 9
Loofer

Thanks very much diaggio but although it's allowing me to select the leaves it won't let me export them seperately, must be connected with how xfrog rigs the plants for animation or something so I'm still snookered.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Message 8 of 9
damaggio

Well I don't know, all my Xfrog trees are not rigged.
Message 9 of 9
Loofer

dwg and dxf exports are dumping the mapping and when I try Fbx export it gives the error message

"Warning:unsupported transform node with multiple shape nodes"

"This scene contains at least one transform node with multiple shape nodes. The plug-in will export only one of the shape nodes."

Then it  doesn't export the leaves. I'm assuming the leaves are instanced and rigged somehow to allow animation but I haven't worked with xfrog before so I'm just guessing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report